The departmental college council meets in common classes each month. It could meet at different instances if there may be any want for this.
The duties of the departmental instructional council are crucial. They’re laid down by the Legislation on public instruction as follows:
- Uniformal software of the academic legal guidelines and rules all through the division.
- Examination of disputes which can come up between the academic committees, the parish councils, and the lecturers.
- Revision of disciplinary punishments inflicted on lecturers.
- Punishment of oldsters and lecturers who’ve been discovered responsible of breaking the rules in regards to the compulsory attendance of major colleges.
- Opening of recent colleges and examination of all questions affecting the academic division normally.
The choices of the departmental instructional councils are submitted to the approval of the Minister of Public Instruction, who has the ability of annulling or modifying them.
Instructional Committees.—These are the earliest Bulgarian autonomous establishments. They first appeared in the course of the Turkish domination, and attained a excessive diploma of improvement, within the face of the persecutions to which the Bulgarian nation was uncovered. As consultant organs of the Bulgarian nationality, they contributed greater than apy different establishment to the mental and ethical awakening of the nation,and the muse of an impartial Bulgarian Church, in addition to the organisation of the primary Bulgarian college, are in a big measure because of their efforts. The quite a few colleges, the skilled lecturers, and the enlightened courses which existed in Bulgaria on the time of our political emancipation are so many proofs of the beneficent exercise of those nationwide instructional committees. Owing to the essential half which they performed in our nationwide revival, these committees have develop into with the Bulgarians a standard establishment which has been maintained by the varied training legal guidelines and which continues to at the present time to type a part of the academic system of the nation.
Instructional committee in each city
Article 21 of the legislation of 1891 gives for an academic committee in each city and village. The duties of those committees, which act as a particular committee of the communal councils, consist in taking care of the academic work of their respective circumscriptions. They’re composed of 5 members within the cities and of three members within the villages. The mayor of the city or village is, by proper president of the committee. The remaining members are elected by common suffrage and by secret poll similtaneously the members of the municipal councils.
The powers and the duties of the academic committees are as follows:
- To nominate lecturers within the major colleges.
- To offer the means for the upkeep of the faculties.
- To help poor pupils.
- To organize the varsity funds.
- To oversee the varsity buildings and furnishings.
- To seek out means for the development of recent buildings, to provide instructional home equipment, and to see that every one kids liable to compulsory instruction attend often the courses.
- To manage the property and the funds of the faculties.